Pumpkin isn’t the only way to spice up your fall! Give your look a little versatility this season by experimenting with your hair! Protective styles are always a good idea as cooler weather draws near, and for many, braid + twist styles are the automatic go-to. As much as we’ll always love these classic options, it’s fun to play around with other styles that will also keep the hair moisturized, healthy, and protected!
What makes a style “protective”?
If the hair is properly hydrated and tucked away to limit daily manipulation, it’s a go! Caring for the scalp is also a must! Regular application of water-based products is essential to keep roots and tresses healthy through the duration of the style. This means that a simple bun or ponytail can even be a viable option, when styled with care. However, part of the fun in protective styling is finding a way to also make it glam!
#EDENCurlfriend Dani Elaine is here to help provide a little creative inspo!
Watch as she crafts this FABULOUS sleek puff ponytail look, using just a few essential products!
How to Achieve the Look:
1. Thoroughly apply Coconut Shea Leave In Conditioner to wet + detangled, freshly washed hair.
2. Gently brush hair back into a secure ponytail.
3. Apply Coconut Shea Curl Defining Creme along the roots and loose ends of ponytail for added moisture + frizz prevention.
4. Braid the ponytail + secure ends with a hair tie.
5. Smooth down edges by applying Coconut Shea Control Edge Glaze with a brush.
6. Wrap a hair tie around 1 pack of desired hair extensions, then secure the tie + extension tightly over the base of your natural braid/ponytail. Make sure the faux hair fully covers your natural braid.
7. Add 2-3 rubber bands along the length of the faux hair, spaced a few inches apart from each other.
8. Fasten silver or gold craft string around the last rubber band for an added pop of style!
Love it? Let us know in the comments below! If you give this style a try this season, be sure to share it with us! Post your look online and tag @edenbodyworks, with the hashtag #StylewithEDEN. We can’t wait to see what you create!
See you next time!