Are Clip-Ins & Extensions Healthy For Natural Hair? 5 Styles For Your Hair
There's nothing wrong with adding volume, length, or wanting a new look with a temporary texture. The magic of clip-ins and style-saving ponytails quickly come to the rescue; but are they healthy for your hair?
Wearing clip-ins and extensions for an extended time, without caring for the hair that is underneath or showing concern for tension points can be damaging. Using non-harmful products on your own hair to strengthen, lock-in moisture, and restore vital nourishment is crucial.
6 Tips For Keeping Temporary Extensions Healthy:
- When sleeping, or when possible, remove extensions to reduce tension
- Make sure hair that is left out is moisturized
- Avoid constant heat styling and use thermal protection
- Gently wash & care for your scalp ( apply a balm, hairdress, or oil to scalp)
- Deep condition and detangle your own hair every 2-3 weeks
- Use a conditioning product on edges to prevent drying them out
We're serious about healthy hair however you choose to wear it. We collected a few videos featuring extensions styled with best selling EDEN BodyWorks products. Stream the playlist and shop the products used to blend and care for their hair and extensions.